Saturday, January 20, 2018, 10am - 5pm
This class is queer led + the space is QT/POC welcoming.
All materials + lunch (veg/gf) is included.
Reiki is a powerful energetic healing modality that is available to everyone. A form of hands-on healing, Reiki as a practice originated in Japan that was brought to Hawaii in 1937. Reiki energy is Universal Life Force, a high vibrational energy that activates the natural healing processes of the body and restores physical and emotional well-being.
Reiki Level 1 will attune you to effectively channel the Universal Life Force energy for healing and transformation. Through hands-on practice, this class will equip you to confidently practice self treatment and begin working more intimately with the vibration of Universal Love. Your healing channels will be cleared and opened.
Studying Reiki with Scott K Smith (TheSacredOther.com) and Stephanie Syd Yang (BlueJaguarIsLove.com) is special in that our practices weave together healing modalities from the traditional American Usui Practice and decades of personal experience in the healing field.
Upon completion of Reiki Level 1, you will:
- Experience a deeper connection to your body and the natural world
- Access greater self-awareness, relaxation and soul purpose
- Understand the history of Reiki and how it relates to you
- Be able to deliver effective Reiki treatments for yourself and others, including animals.
- Be able to conduct a powerful self-treatment session (hand placement, intentions, etc.)
- Have practice with various techniques for effective Reiki treatments
- Understand the primary chakra system and be able to scan for information
- Receive an introduction to shamanic practice and Reiki
- Be attuned to receive and transmit Universal Life Force energy
- Receive a certificate of First Degree Usui Reiki (Level One)
Location: In Los Angeles / Address provided upon registration
You do not have to have taken Reiki 1 with either Scott or I to attend this class.
This class is queer led + the space is QT/POC welcoming. All materials + lunch on both days are included
Stephanie Syd Yang is a mixed race (Taiwanese, European-American), queer healer who believes that community transformation + liberation begin by first accepting where we are, who we have been and then dreaming into what can be. The medicine she offers the world is deeply rooted in her relationship to the earth, the 4 elements and the magic we co-create with them.
As a healer, she weaves together shamanic and earth-based practices that are grounded in Buddhist principles of interdependence, impermanence and karma.
Scott Smith is a Witch, teacher, and healing practitioner. Their craft draws upon the ancient and modern, blending Witchcraft, Reiki and other forms of Energy-Work, healing and Spirituality into his form of Spirit Space Healing, Guidance, Teaching, and Art. Scott is a Student of the Temple of Witchcraft, Salem New Hampshire on a Ministerial Path to bring the craft and a Temple space to Los Angeles. Their devotion lately has been to Love, Will, and Wisdom, and through his work in its many forms seeks to instill and awaken these deeply human and magickal principles.