It's hard to believe that it has been less than two months since I opened Temple Los Angeles. My heart to those friends, family members, clients and the community who supported the first event.
I'm spending the remainder of my 2015 year on a few things.
Incense and oils
I'm uploading the remainder of the magickally blended incenses to the products page, including the remaining Medicine Buddha oil. Note on that one, it's a subtle scent but I designed it for medicinal use, not as a fragrance. I expect that new products will be live by the 1st week of January, 2016.
Classes and Events
Gather has gone strong! I love it. Much better turn out than past indoor events. I am looking at January 17th as the Next Gather with Temple Los Angeles. Details will NOT be posted on the web as far as location goes. ALthough I will have an events page and some details, I would like to keep these outdoor events a little further from the internet web than they have been, and a little more on the Magickal web. Seems fitting.
New event will be posted on the Temple Los Angeles page, details and location are by RSVP only. A mirror page will be on facebook.
I am looking for the following.
- Community spaces indoor and out. Less restrictions, more pagan and witch/magickal friendly spaces. (They don't have to BE magickal traditional places, I like all spiritual venues).
- Home spaces where we can have indoor and outdoor events in the East Side, North East Side, Downtown, Silverlake, Echo Park, and East LA areas.
- I have a LOT of new material, Temple material, and old but great stuff. I need democratic business owners and space holders, community based spaces. I am avoiding princesses, prima-donnas, and dictators. *wink*
When I say I have a lot, I mean I have oodles of new stuff not offered in LA. Be mindful that I set up and take down my own ritual space, call in and work the energies of Temple Los Angeles, and by a large degree the Temple of Witchcraft magickal allies. This is the blend of my practice.
- The Book Study; Inner Temple of Witchcraft, will begin again in June.
- A second level book study: Outer Temple, starts in July or August.
Projects: Creative and Writing
I'm in the midst of a 13 Days of Yule, ritualized contemplative practice of drawing in the energies for the year to come. You can find that here at TheSacredOther.com
I have one or two other projects in "the works," meaning that I have to come up with sketches and designs, campaigns, support, interviews and such and that's a lot of work... just not a lot of words for you at this time. Look for a collaboration with some awesome pagans, witches, and artists, magick makers old and new.
Finding the Masculine in the Goddess Spiral
Men in ritual, community and Service to the Goddess
A friendly reminder that this anthology is coming out this year, 2016! I find myself humbly among some great names, and illuminated authors, Queer Spirits, and other illuminated in service to the Goddess. It's a small thing I bring to the anthology, and I mean that in a sense of preciousness, from my heart to yours.
By Love, Will and Wisdom; Be Loving, Be Magickal, Be Wise.
Scott K Smith