Small note to let you know that the Green Man workshop has been officially cancelled at The Crystal Matrix. I've heard several "oh, no's!" with sad eyes and a few "sweeties," but, honestly, I'm so pleased with the material. I'm not the least bit turned away from the affair. The last month of intensive weekly writing, often daily editing, I feel like I've opened up, expanded and detailed all sorts of fun things that deserve greater detail and attention, far more than could be summed up in a one day intensive.
I've talked to the owner of the Crystal Matrix and we'll be meeting next week to discuss spinning the material into 8 (or more) weeks of fun, meditation, and ritual throughout the year. I think I'm going to move the Green Man Wheel into a men's group, and I'll be back to you with new things, events, and more.
I have to say that had you gone to workshop you would have had a very magickal experience. My syllabus covers:
- Who and what is the Green Man
- God of the Forest, throughout the year
- Various faces of the green man, the 8-Fold god as covered by Christopher Penczak via the Temple of Witchcraft. (Many thanks to Christopher for sharing notes and such).
- Why an environmental consciousness is so necessary personally, and globally
- Discussion on the four elements: Fire, Air, Water, Earth
- Our relationship, conscious or unconscious, with these natural archetypes
- Guided visualizations
- empowerment, and practices
- Principles and responsibilities, and methods of working -- cooperation with the elements.
- Deeper exploration of the Green Man and the Wheel of the Year, non-traditional, Quarters and Cross-Quarters
- "Shamanic" practices, neo-shamanism, exploring gates to expanded consciousness, 'crossing' the veil
- Red, White, Black: The Goddess as Maiden, Mother, and Crone
- A formal ritual bringing all that we have learned together
- A blessing for the environment (separate field trip)
It's a lot to cover in one day but as I worked the material over an 8-hour span of experience I began to understand how much was hidden beneath it all, and how much more could come from a year round, experiential working of the divine in nature, and our connection to the earth, our mother.
Stay tuned. There is more in the works.
I will keep you posted.
Thank you for following along.
- April + May Classes and Events - Mark Your Calendars! (thesacredother.com)
- Testimonials & Updates (thesacredother.com)
- The Way of the Witch (templeofwitchcraft.org)
- Earth Day Magick (templeofwitchcraft.org)