In the last few years I've come across some amazing health stories, and some pretty terrible *trolls* as a result of it who want to take my words and my work and twist them into something they are not. Please by all means enjoy this story but for the record there are a few things that I state and know about Reiki.
- Reiki is not a medical treatment, I am not a doctor, I do not "cure."
- I do not "heal" but in the long tradition of Eastern Spirituality, I am a conduit. Reiki is a system of restoring balance so that the body's system and intelligence can correct itself. Yes, I have seen the miraculous but in no way do I credit "self."
If Ki (the ki in Reiki) is the river, I am the waterwheel my power is being the flow, not being the healer.
Enjoy... the original article which I have just recovered from the old Lifencompass.com site.
As you may have read I am a Reiki practitioner. Over the last 20 years I've practiced Reiki as a tradition of facilitating healing, and come to combine tools with the healing like practices from my personal spiritual path and in the last few years beautiful things like techniques from the Awaken Your Light Body course, and elements of Shiatsu like running energy through the Chinese Meridian system of healing.
Over the last five months I have had an awesome experience of working with a woman on several healing challenges, and her own spiritual growth. In our first meeting she casually mentioned that she had not menstruated in many years. Part of the client challenge has joined the space to focus on three main issues. I like to set the intention for the work I do energetically with clients so that we can together focus the energies on the important and relevant issues, to bring about concentrated results.
One of those healing challenges with the woman I have worked with is Polycystic Ovaries.
From PubMed Health
Most of the time, PCOS is diagnosed in women in their 20s or 30s. However, it may also affect teenage girls. The symptoms often begin when a girl's periods start. Women with this disorder often have a mother or sister who has symptoms similar to those of polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Amerejuve MedSpa Partners With PCOS Foundation to Spread Awareness of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Women (prweb.com)
- What Is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? (everydayhealth.com)
- A Reiki Primer (everydayhealth.com)
- Learn all about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) (pagesla.wordpress.com)
- When Is a Menstrual Period Too Short? (everydayhealth.com)
- True Life: I have PCOS (writelivegrow.com)
- 'This Is Reiki' by Frank Arjava Petter - a review (reikiforwellness.wordpress.com)
- Journey Journal: Intuition - Slow at the intersection (lifencompass.com)