There has never been more worldwide attention on the creative culture of Los Angeles. People from all over the world came to LA for the opening of the Broad Contemporary Art Museum (BCAM) and the recent celebration of the 30th anniversary of MOCA, and are already planning for Pacific Standard Time in 2011. We are living in the city everyone is watching and visiting.
Spring, like art, is full of surprises. From fruit trees to desert festivals to cover artist Mark Bradford's community advocacy, art grows in unexpected places. ForYourArt is pleased to announce its new publication, ForYourArt, which you can download here. Thanks to Ovation for its support. You can be a patron by knowing what's going on and telling your friends.
See the events and find more information at the Huffington Post via Bettina Korek: Plan ForYourArt April 15-21.
- Arts ReSTORE L.A. and an Art-Based Economy (kcet.org)
- Three Calgary arts groups merge to create new contemporary gallery (calgaryherald.com)
- Art Talk: The Four Art Shows to See Before the Year is Over (wnyc.org)
- Young Generation, Older Art (online.wsj.com)
- Venice- Istanbul- A selection from 51 Th. International Venice Bienalle (bibliodehip.wordpress.com)
- Commissioned Art - Antonio Guerrero exhibiting at ArtSpot International Art Fair Miami 2013 (thecubanartproject.com)